NOTE: The instructions below are for computers used primarily by one individual only. To obtain a copy of Microsoft Office for use on shared workstations, in labs, etc., faculty and staff should request a copy of Office 2019 instead.
1) Ensure that your Mac meets the minimum system requirements for Office365 before attempting to download or install the software.
2) Sign in to Office.com on your Mac.
3) On the right-hand side of the screen, click the Install Office drop-down menu.
4) From the drop-down menu that appears, choose Office 365 apps.
5) Open the Microsoft_Office_VERSION_Installer.pkg file that you downloaded, where VERSION is the version number of the latest Office release. This is normally located in your Downloads folder.
6) Click Continue.
7) Review the license agreement. Then, click Continue.
8) If you agree to the terms of the license agreement in the previous step, click Agree.
9) Choose the disk where you wish to install Office. If you have only one disk, it is normally selected by default. Click Continue when ready to proceed.
10) Click Install.
11) Type a username and password with administrative access on your Mac. Then, click Install Software. Installation should now begin.
12) Click Close once the software is done installing.
13) Word may open automatically and step you through activating Office. If so, click Get started.
14) Click Sign In.
15) Type your TechMail address and click Next.
16) If prompted for whether you would like to use a "Microsoft account" or a "Work account", click Work account.
The software will redirect you to a TTU sign-in page.
17) Type your TechMail address and your eRaider password. Then, click Sign in.
The software will activate your copy of Office automatically.
18) Choose your desired theme. Then, click Continue.
19) Click Start Using Word.
Microsoft Office 365 apps have been installed and activated on your Mac.
If you had a previous version of Microsoft Office installed, it may not have been removed during this installation. If not, you may consider going to your Applications folder and dragging those Applications to the Trash in order to uninstall them.